PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 22:56
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fired600
And the people looking at joining are…….immigrant workers. Something happens over there and you are on the street with a fast pass back to your home country. They decide when you are done, they throw you out like yesterdays trash, along with your wife family and kids. Good luck if you have debts, mortgages car loans etc, the things that we accumulate over the years. PS don’t get sick, thats your name to the top of the next pandemic/ recession hit list.
I was under no illusion from day one when I joined that I was and still am a dispensable employee that could be dropped at a moment's notice. For anyone thinking of joining, it has never been a permanent job nor will it ever will be. It is more like a rolling contract. Only difference is here is that you don't have a contract agency to try and fight your corner should you have any greivences!

For those electing to join now, avoid debt at all costs. Lease or rent a car to start off with and buy in cash if you decide to buy. Property is sold for first-world prices but is constructed to developing world standards. It's a bit like buying a fake watch in BKK but being charged the price you would pay if you bought the genuine article in GVA. I never even gave buying property a second thought.