PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 17:07
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Diff Tail Shim
Of course. Silly me. Of course they have gone the same way as the FLM. I never saw them as the type I worked on didn't get them due to the retirement of it. It is direct entrant Techs now for all aircraft trades is it not?
It is, but that's a recent development although for Armourers this was always the case. With their date of joining shown, several of the Circus back seaters would have come via the AMM > Tech route.

That said, the change was overdue. First, the AMM course was basic, very basic, and did them a disservice in many respects . However, the "well known rotary station " decided, that, whilst initially on their tour they would be liney's, and go on a deployment to Afghan, they also tried to give them a jolly as a further inducement, but, the neat bit was to get them involved in Depth, ok 2nd Line for those of a certain vintage, and as this is what they would eventually be doing, lo and behold....it worked !..so back they came...same for the trucking world more or less. This wasn't some hitherto unknown altruism from the RAF grown ups, more a realisation both parties benefitted.

The change to direct entrant made sense therefore, plus, it saved a few quid as well.

Back to how the PR machine is going to handle the now very public issues with the Reds