PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 10:32
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
I wonder if we could see the return of the BA Gatwick toToronto Summer seasonal. Further developments may also be influenced by how Jet Blue and Norse develop their routes at Gatwick. I agree charges and capacity issues at LHR may also influence matters. We also have Virgin and Delta to consider, who must be watching from the sidelines. I seem to recall that pre-Covid both were considering addition services from Gatwick from summer 2020. Virgin were thinking,I believe, of adding New York or Newark and Delta something like Boston Interesting times.
VS had planned to resume JFK from LGW with the A332, and DL were to operate a service to BOS with the 757. Shame both didn't come to fruition, however, with Norse now having entered, I'm wondering if this may increase the chances of VS and/or DL returning to compete with them at LGW? Added to that, with the ongoing capacity restrictions at LHR until October, and the likelihood that these may be extended beyond then, LGW might look more attractive for the beach/leisure routes currently served from LHR.