PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving up the job search
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 06:45
PiperCameron

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Charizard90
Agreed with deja vu, drop the chip, but only because there will always be someone who you perceive as having it 'easier' than you. Even in GA someone will always walk straight into a 210 without having to wash planes or get their multi upgrade after only 6 months on the single instead of a year, its applicable to every situation. Don't get hung-up and bitter, those blokes are the worst who always make themselves known to be hard done by. Use the slog to your advantage, its well respected through every step of your career and will make you a better person and pilot.
Indeed.. it's called "character building". No tears, no glory.

I've spent my entire working life around aviation across Australia and the secret I've discovered is that "relationship" and "trust" are key pretty-much everywhere you go - and even more so in Darwin and the outback - whether that's a ground job or in the pilot's seat. There is simply too much at stake for it to be otherwise. Get to know people who know people and, if your attitude is right, your dream will come true eventually.