PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving up the job search
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2022, 22:17
Charizard90

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by deja vu
First thing to do is drop the chip on the shoulder about other peoples achievements. They just happened to tick the right boxes at the right time.
I worked for almost 3 years in a pub after the CPL- Instructor rating in the late 60s to early 70s before my first real full time flying job. Never got an airline job in OZ but spent the last 20 years before retirement IC flying wide bodies in one of the best jobs in the world, some of my FOs were in Ansett or TAA when I was flying an Aztec. Just grab every opportunity offered, you never know what lies ahead.
Agreed with deja vu, drop the chip, but only because there will always be someone who you perceive as having it 'easier' than you. Even in GA someone will always walk straight into a 210 without having to wash planes or get their multi upgrade after only 6 months on the single instead of a year, its applicable to every situation. Don't get hung-up and bitter, those blokes are the worst who always make themselves known to be hard done by. Use the slog to your advantage, its well respected through every step of your career and will make you a better person and pilot.

Happy to jump on the #freeotispriest though, that's a laugh