PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and 'The Delta' Pay Cut.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2022, 18:57
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
What does it mean ?

I was sure I understood English until I read this sentence. What does it mean?
Sorry Seosan - it was a bit cryptic. My dad regularly complains about my un-funny sense of humour.

BA's brand-new emergency Industrial Relations Czar was interviewed in 2013 by the Yorkshire Post - https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/busi...keeney-1867209 ... Inter alia, apparently he comes from the Gorbals.

The Gorbals was a notoriously rough area of Glasgow, now rebuilt and no doubt genteel to boot, but previously a leper colony, where it was said that any verbal discussion was best supported by a swift and sneaky blow to the head with a half-brick.

" Twice-armed is he who thinks his cause is just, but thrice-armed is he who gets his blow in first." ... I know there are plenty of variations on that (Shakespeare, I think) motto. It's the only one I remember.

I got the impression that the afore-mentioned 'corporate communications' included an implied corporate half-brick. aka 'PFO' in yoof-speak. A clear impression that BA intends that the Delta pay reduction will remain, for all BA pilots, for the forseeable future.

HTH. .... LFH