PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine overspeed or other engine underspeed in AB212 or UH1N
Old 24th Aug 2022, 14:33
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
High Rotor RPM, High power (possible n1 Topping) on one engine, torque split, Low power on the other engine ( possibly at idle) = High side gov failure on the engine producing high power.
Normal or Low Rotor RPM , High Power (possible N1 Topping), on one engine, torque split, Low power on the other engine ( possibly at or below idle); = Low Side Gov Failure on the engine producing low power.
1) Yes I know I should use the term the term “power section” but I dislike the term.
2) Don’t do anything silly with the Auto/Manual governor switches! There are a lamentable number of engines that have been damaged and transmissions overspead just during training. ( two bright sparks even managed to cook both engines during a test flight in a remarkable demonstration of “persistence in the face of reality”. Their report won “Fiction Book of the Year”. Upon wading through it you became unsure that they were even aboard the aircraft or even in the country at the time of the incident. )