PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Lightning Aircrew training course notes
Old 24th Aug 2022, 10:54
ScottBouch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EE Lightning Aircrew training course notes

Hi all,

I am trying to understand more about the EE Lightning as I am (slowly) putting together a Lightning T5 flight simulator project using as much real hardware as possible to make the experience as realistic as possible.

I have a fairly good handle on the technical side thanks to volunteering for years at Cranfield on T5's XS452 and XS458 and having access to some APs and some BAE technical course notes. So I understand how systems are wired and mechanically connected, but it's the "how to use them" that's lacking.

I am lacking information such as how to use the Flight Control System on its own and in conjunction with TACAN, AI23, and Data Link when fitted. How to operate the AI23, the IFF, etc.., How Data Link was used when fitted in the early days... Does anyone out there still have copies of aircrew course notes they would be willing to donate, copy or scan?

PS: This is a free, open-source flight simulator package (flightgear), and any programming work I do on the Lightning software model is released for anyone to use for free, ie: I'm making no profit out of this, it's purely for fun to try to accurately model the aircraft for the best simulated experience.

Many thanks, Scott.