PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 12:42
chrissw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if Sofia Bulgaria counts as a "tourist" airport but this was our experience (my OH and me).

Route was LHRT2-ZRH-SOF and SOF-MUC-LHRT2 Swiss/Lufthansa. Fortunately in business class.

8 Aug LHRT2 at about 0430 BST: long queues for economy check-in. Business check in an absolute breeze however. BUT fast track security had a sign saying closed until 0500. Someone in the queue waiting for it to open said he had been told it would open at 0445; that did not happen, though while we were waiting before we decided to give up, the previously long security queue had reduced by a lot so we just went there instead. It took no more than 15 minutes, but the staff were telling everyone to just leave everything in their bags including laptops etc.

ZRH was fairly busy but no problems at all. (Except that the terminal D lounge was closed, which we didn't know about, but that a #firstworldproblem).

SOF terminal 2 seemed no busier than normal for the summer. We got our bags within 15 minutes of leaving the plane. And for the first time ever the priority tags seemed to have an effect!

Return on 16 Aug:

SOF everything worked really well, which was again a first. There is no fast track security but it was mercifully short anyway. (Only one lounge is open at SOF due to "renovations," the Plaza Premium lounge, which isn't fantastic but is still better than hanging round the airport).

MUC: seemed busy but no issues. With a 5+ hour wait we were grateful for the lounge.

LHR T2: again busy but passport control moving people through quickly. Had to wait 35 minutes to get our bags. Other than than, no problems. I noted that there were quite a lot of bags hanging around the belts with no apparent owners.