PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 10:52
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhodes13
Again changing the goal posts. Crossrail is an option but direct to North side of London in 22 or south of the Thames in 45. And no not the town you're talking about but not a million miles away. But like I said your not really trying, you're using it as an excuse to suit the narrative.

You are the ones not comparing like for like. You mention city living then say you don't want a village atmosphere but say you looked at St. Albans. Thats the definition of a (large) village and certainly not the city living you supposedly aspire to.

Like I said who are you trying to convince us or you?
Yes exactly. We looked at village life and it wasn’t for us. I was given that information to the discussion as an option for those interested in that. Your information is good also and should be taken on board by anyone considering coming back. Sorry if I come over as attacking.
I believe it’s ideal you giving this information and hopefully those wanting move can consider it and saves them time looking to move back.

My comparison is for those moving from London to Dubai others in a similar situation. Yes sure Dubai is expensive compared to outside London but again that’s not a city comparison. Housing costs there is not as big a gap between London and Dubai. If someone said they spend £2k a month for a 2 bed flat in zone 4 of London that’s not bad. My mate rents his 1 bed out for £2500 that’s in zone 2. That’s the going rate of a city.