PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 10:42
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
I try not say too much as I feel slightly uncomfortable giving the full details of my situation over an open forum.

If it’s the town we are thinking of it wasn’t ideal/ we didn’t like it. Can’t help the way we feel about a place. Cross rail is a massive bonus yes and hopefully bring the time down to under an hour to the city/CW area.

Just our criteria plus what we like areas that are affordable we would be unhappy. Everyone has limits/compromises. What you are happy with wouldn’t be happy for us. Ok it’s all IMO but when I compare I compare city to city. If you start comparing living in say Farnham for example it’s a bit of piste as we love a city vibe. It’s a small town compared to Dubai like wise the town you maybe mentioning isn’t true comparison to city living. Surely should you not compare living in centralish London to Dubai? City to City?
That’s my view.
Again changing the goal posts. Crossrail is an option but direct to North side of London in 22 or south of the Thames in 45. And no not the town you're talking about but not a million miles away. But like I said you're not really trying, you're using it as an excuse to suit the narrative.

You are the ones not comparing like for like. You mention city living then say you don't want a village atmosphere but say you looked at St. Albans. Thats the definition of a (large) village and certainly not the city living you supposedly aspire to.

Like I said who are you trying to convince us or you?