PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 10:22
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Ok think what you like but we have looked from loads of places around Kent to St Albans and haven’t found anywhere for much under £1 mil with good schools and links to the city (under 1 hr) for my Mrs to get to work.
Schools would have to be walking distance as Mrs doesn’t drive.

Yes we are probably a bit more restricted but as she’s the bread winner her job is slightly more important.

To add yes my Mrs would be working in UAE.
Then you haven't been looking hard.

Perhaps try looking out west. 22 mins to London on the train from a very large town right on the M4. And yes 2 primary schools and a college all within a 15 minute walk. You literally pick the some of most expensive places in the SE and complain you can't afford them, yet strangely friends of mine have bought in those places you mention and certainly didn't pay the prices you're talking about.

And yes my wife worked in the ME as well. Without that second income when I was an FO things were tight even more so if you have kids.

I notice you keep moving the goal posts when challenged on comparing like for like and change the narrative to suit your very narrow view of making out that the UK is bad and that the UAE is great.

Look if you want to go the ME that's fine but please stop trying to convince the rest of us it's so great (or are you secretly trying to convince yourself?) as surely given how long you've posted on here about EK you'd have the hours by now?