PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Publication Date
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 09:25
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catlady, the salient ( and very obvious) point of Bokspiel is that nothing what you mentioned is in any control of us, independent of the fleet you are on. Blaming pilots for simply following their roster with 31 G's is silly.

Frank, sure, if you think a lot of people in Cx are like frogs, by all means. I personally have never met such an individual. In my experience every pilot is always looking at alternatives, market movements etc. From day one to his retirement. And then the individual differences. Surely a Senior First Officer has naturally a different perspective than a Captain 60 yrs+ etc. Generalisations are not helpful. But fair enough, I think you mean well.

See Eggs, I am not Canadian, as 95 % in here, but DEC for Jazz? That is 50k HKD before tax with a base in Halifax. No thank you.

Flying Clog, why is it that you guys are so keen to convince everybody else to quit? Cui Bono?? We all know our financial and family situation, we know how much we work, we know how much days we are in quarantine or waiting for a test result, all of it. And we also for sure know the jobs on offer. And I know that you yourself did not quit, but let go. Small detail. And I know what you earn and work now, not a bad job for sure, but really a lot of work for not a lot of money. Again, maybe it's still ok for a lot of people to leave anyway, their decision, fair enough! But with big pay sacrifices at stake ( except for Piet of course) at least it is debatable if leaving now, with most of it behind us, injallah, smart.. I miss that part in your and other's line of argument. The thing is: I accept your decision( if getting fired can be called a decision :-) but you mock the ones who don't leave. Think about that.

MrDid, I could not care less about the thoughts of anybody on any floor in CX. So we have not enough pilots? Great! I hope they get it wrong. I hope the opening up will get them into trouble. Profit of CX? I could not care less. Even in good times I got 5 months bonus or 200 HKD whatever is less. I don't get all that speculating on the crew bus about who flies what on which fleet in the future. Nobody knows anyway.

PS and to bring a bit juice into this sleepy forum: Early 2023 HK and China will open up and demand for air travel will explode.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 23rd Aug 2022 at 10:35.