PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 22nd Aug 2022, 21:58
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Line Entry

Nutty, correct, because there already exists an Air Officer Scotland (as well as an Air Officer Northern Ireland and an Air Officer Wales) and has done for about 6 years. These posts are all part-time reservists and the point of them is to engage with the local community to both relieve the burden on over-stretched stn cdrs and also to cover those areas of the country where there is no longer an RAF presence.
What exactly will they do? And to what extent? One middle aged part time Air rank cutting around a big chunk of the country opening fetes and glad handing local councillors and businesses.

Call me a bluff old traditionalist, I’d rather have a few more Stations and Sqns than a part time Air Rank reminding people of when we had an Air Force. I don’t think we’d struggle to employ said Stations and Sqns in the current circumstances.

But frankly it’s about what I’ve come to expect from the current crop. It’s very tempting, in my grandfather’s terminology, to refuse to soldier.