PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2022, 00:56
Winemaker

Received 209 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
There are self-aggrandizing, egocentric, amoral talking heads in apparently ever-increasing numbers all over the planet, and they have influence that far exceeds their competence or fidelity, they have become puppets for hire. Russia is oversubscribed to this propaganda, but the west has it's fair share too. Personally, as with Lord Haw Haw etc, they need to be held accountable, which includes a number of Mr Rupert's sociopathic bunch too in all fairness. The US 1st amendment doesn't give an unfettered right to deliberately espouse B/S and to proffer it to a populace that seems to have lost objectivity.

The Russian resistance indicated to be the "NRA", presumably, the really really real NRA, sounds like a consequence of the great master plan by Putin the strategist. The callous indifference that Putin and his mob of gangsters have shown to the provinces in manning the Putin meat grinder, it is hardly a surprise that people get a bit peeved. There is a more surprising activity in Belorussia, where the actions of the resistance to the last Great European dictator have impacted Govt responses, but at a high cost. The Last Great may be getting near his use-by date. "...Last, Late Great..." ?.

Russian resistance will be aware that to get the attention of Mr V. Putin, the activity will need to ramp up within Moscow and St Pete's city limits, and that is indeed an unfortunate but foreseeable consequence of the cynical way of doing business that has become de rigueur of late.

If the RU TV talking heads want to find the "culprits", A.K.A. "heroic resistance to tyranny", it is their group that is enabling the actions of one man that will lead to resistance. Would think the talking heads would be wanting to be careful turning on their limos of a mornin'... "aye, there be dragons....".

There is a simple fix for this, Vlad, go home, take your remaining troops, care for them, and send them home. Recycle your T-72s to plows, they are not very good at their design task... clean up on aisle 13, pay for your breakages, Ukraine will take Master Card, Visa but not American Express (no one does) learn to read so you can honor your contracts, and go apologise to your conscript catchment regions, they want a bit of a word with you. Thereafter, take your loot, and your sycophants and go spend your days in Soichi, it's nice this time of year. Don't smoke in bed and be careful starting cars, as there are a lot of new Lada owners who are not too impressed with the circumstances surrounding your bargain with their former sons.

Not sure that Russia can stand much more of your success and glorious Special Summer Holidays.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1561425395379015685
This is starting to remind me of Vietnam. When the Russian draft happens we will see real resistance, but there is a large percentage who will support military activity regardless. It took an American TV news reporter, Walter Cronkite, saying on national news that it was over to really tip the scales with the Viet Nam war. This needs to happen with the Russians.

I was drafted to serve in that war and was inducted in Mobile, Alabama in December 1970 as my draft 'lottery' number was 69, which was not a pass. I reported in December 1970 for induction. I passed all the physical and mental tests and spent the night in a barracks with foolish people. I was sent home the next day as the draft had been over-called. I dodged the meat grinder, although my story is more complex. 'Nuf said. Good luck to the Russian grunts who are in the same situation. Sorry you're there, just say no.

Last edited by Winemaker; 22nd Aug 2022 at 01:11.