PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continued U.S interfering with foreign airlines
Old 5th Jan 2004, 11:01
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Untraceable,

That's really funny,,, Lots of people paying money to the record companies from email accounts they thought were untraceable... Danny logs all IPs. As mine is static, I am so rediculously traceable...

Seatbelt law, Ummm On the UK side I think that is already on the books. When we went to crown court against one of my pax from when I was a JMC capt, one of the things he was charged with was disobeying an aircrew or something along those lines, which was constituted by ignoring the fasten seatbelt sign to break into the cockpit. (He was convicted of an "affray" and other crimes in a plea bargain in Nov. 2000).

So got it MOR, We disagree, you don't want to alert the flight attendants and do anything that might focus their attention on a problem and give them a recourse should that alert discover a problem. As I have seen this in action for over month now, I can think of much bigger things to get aggrieved over... Do I think it will win the war on terrorism? Nope, not by a long shot. Can it HURT? Nope. Might it help? Maybe in a narrow capacity, but as it can't hurt and might possibly help, I see no reason to fight it. Most of what we do is for statistical longshots... When was the last time a jet aircraft actually blew an engine at v1? Yet we do balanced field takeoffs.... Really we could get in and out of much shorter runways, what could happen?

Cheers
Wino