PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roster Publication Date
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2022, 22:31
HoldenCaufield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ToCatLady
well let’s hear it, what’s your incredible solution?

we’re all ears..
Firstly, spewing random vitriolic comments at pilots doesn’t help anything. Nobody wants to be in this situation and there has always been a lot of empathy for people who were flying in ****ty conditions from those who were ‘on 31 G days’. So your anger is very much misplaced I believe. Plenty of the people on here were volunteers with the assistance group etc when they were not working.

As for a solution, this is the kind of thing the Union should be organising strike action for. This whole situation of working conditions is the biggest threat to mental health and aviation safety we have ever seen. We should all be standing up to the Gov and CX saying ‘No more of this’.

Now, I think we all know that will never happen as our Union is weak and the company will not support us beyond gentle words. So it’s up to you.

I’m talking to people at work, the stress and worry associated with all of this really makes people unfit to fly in my opinion. So take control and call in sick. Many aren’t earning about MPP anyway, so limit your work.

Stress leave and fatigue sign-off and return-to-works are being assisted by aviation doctors in HK. They very much understand and are more than happy to help, going above and beyond in this regard.

Plenty of people taking some very well earned time away from HK with their family in the UK, Aus and USA just now with long term sick.

I really don’t understand why more people aren’t doing this.

Sitting on here getting angry at one another doesn’t help anything.

Last edited by HoldenCaufield; 20th Aug 2022 at 23:58.