PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manston
Thread: Manston
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2022, 15:45
ATNotts

Received 334 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by compton3bravo
In my humble opinion these people are living in never never land. Thinking they are going to get over 50 flights per week they will be lucky to get 10.
50 flights per week!! That is 7 per day, or if they mean movements between 3 and 4 per day. That won't sustain the infrastructure required to handle the aircraft, let alone the ancillary costs such as fire service, air traffic control etc etc. And I still ask, where are these 50 flights coming from? I would respectfully suggest that 25 flights per day might still make for questionable viability, given that there doesn't appear to be a plan for a PAX operation to run alongside it (such operations have fallen flat on their faces before). To get that kind of volume would involved an extensive commitment from at least one of the integrators. If they got such a commitment I'd take my hat off to them, in fact I'd probably eat it too!

I take @felixflyer's point that it is private money so the public purse won't suffer with this venture, but when private businesses fail their is always collateral damage to suppliers and hapless employees who often through no fault of their own have been sold a pup.