PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022
Old 20th Aug 2022, 11:55
winglet30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mel2022QF
Nice one getting the AOD done! Keep us posted on GS dates for you in Sydney and good luck! Hope you enjoy every minute.
I've resigned myself to thinking that I may not get into a GS this year for Melb base.
Maybe very late in the year but we're nearly Sep and TA have said they will give us 6-8 weeks notice..
BTW I heard the reason we got put on hold back in May was prompted by union action that meant existing Cabin Crew need to be trained across the A330/A380/B777 - just like we were being told we'd be trained on - before new recruits go through.
And that's the reason why we all got put on hold..... right when it was looking so promising!
Kinda all makes sense now what's happened with recruitment timelines if that's all fact.
Oh well, I'll be ready to go when they call Hope everyone's doing well and hanging in there.
Interesting! I also suspect that the time it takes to get A380's back in service and the delay in receiving the remaining new three 787's have also had a compounding effect on the timeline of new crew being needed. That's on top of the issues with training centre capacity. The travel demand is definitely there 😊