PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continued U.S interfering with foreign airlines
Old 5th Jan 2004, 08:17
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I might be willing to agree with that Danny, the numbers from established posters here is far less overwhelming... For all we know it could be one busy little bee....

No one worries too much on a charter flight because it is almost always a sell out. But on an early morning flight or late night flight (Sometimes the most profitable inspite of by far the lightest loads because of heavy business travel and priority parcel services) its possible to get on a widebody with only and handfull of people... Then a group of people congregating in the LAVS has to be looked at a little differently than it would be otherwise.

One would count on the good judgement of the Flight Attendants in raising a stink, but really what's the big deal about making a PA? Why throw away any arrow from your quiver, no matter how small?

I would say that we see most of these memo's closer to the source than you do when it goes through a second government and a whole second FAA/CAA beurocracy and they may be more rational in their original form then in the manner in which they percolate through each successive government... Doesn't mean I agree with all of em by a long shot, but I think much of the problems has to do with things be lost in the translation. Hell that may be the intention, to screw em up by some petty Beaurocrat that had his territory userped...

Cheers
Wino

Last edited by Wino; 5th Jan 2004 at 08:29.