PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa cpl/me/ir to uk caa cpl me ir
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2022, 10:20
NickBradshaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easa cpl/me/ir to uk caa cpl me ir

Hi i'm trying to find out the exact process or what is required in able to get a UK CPL ME IR, I currently hold a UK PPL & both medical class 1 from UK/Austro Control and have completed the ATPLS before December 2020, again under Austro Control, thus if i finish my training at an ATO in the E.U whom can only do the the skills test under an EASA Authority, does that mean if i wish to also have a UK CPL ME IR alongside the EASA licence, do I have to do further additional training in the UK or just complete the relevant UK CAA forms and make sure they are sent before the deadline set at the end of this year 31st December 2022? Again I apologise if a similar thread has been discussed before but i have sent three emails to the UK CAA within the last two months and I am yet to receive a reply.

Also once in possession of both Licence's, does that mean in order to keep both current prior to their renewal date can i then do the necessary requirements i.e skills test/ refresher training as one session or does it have to be split into two, as in one with a UK ATO/Examiner and one under the EASA state ATO/Examiner.

Thank you