PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wheels-Up at Leongatha
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2022, 01:13
43Inches

Received 424 Likes on 233 Posts
Actually not a bad idea to take photos, for various reasons, from a safe location. Don't offer them to the press or post to the public, they can come in handy if damage is disputed by the owner/insurance/offender, don't publish them in public. Same as car accidents, good idea to have pictures of the damage should stuff be further damaged during recovery or for other reasons. I find dashcam posters funny, half of those I see incriminate the driver of the dashcam vehicle as part responsible so that they could go from being the victim to being 50/50 responsible for costs due to not driving to the conditions or other small get out of jail the offender could use against them. There's also been a number of pictures posted from aircraft that have resulted in interest from the governing bodies. Hence why you rarely see pictures of non pilots in the flight deck on airliners anymore etc...

And feeling silly that you missed a NOTAM is not a reason not to tell ATS or other traffic. If the NOTAM was issued close to or after your departure then you were unaware of it. If unsure say something. Many times I've asked another pilot about a door open on the rear of their jet and they've said it's just the APU or something else that's supposed to be there. Not my type so I don't know whats supposed to be open or not. Always having chats with AROs and safety cars about small issues around airports just in case they don't know, they usually offer some simple answer of why and off I go. ATS will never bite your head off for reporting something that could be a safety hazard, worst they will do is say there is already a NOTAM or something.