PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 19th Aug 2022, 21:57
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
B word, some interesting observations and predominantly difficult to disagree in general as you say it from your perspective. The only
point that I would make and I believe that it is important that it is made is that Alf Garnett and Rising Damp were TV comedies that were essentially made as satires to highlight the utter stupidity of racism as prevalent in the 60/70:era. They were absolutely not written / performed in any other manner than to highlight the worse aspects of U.K. society in that time now obviously very different. Indeed Johnny Speight who wrote the Alf Garrett series was a writer very much of the Left as were the cast including Warren Mitchell as the infamous Alf and Tony Booth who played the son in law, himself the father in the real world of Cherie Booth, wife of the then future PM as Peter Hitchens would say, the Blair creature. I think it is important to make the point on this, Cheers.