PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2022, 20:22
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjpowell

There are rumours that at one point Virgin wanted to establish a Northern Hub, but could not agree on terms with Peel. While I'm a bit skeptical, I can see the logic...

Seen this a lot recently. ISTR that a local hotel had some Virgin product/service and that tenuous link led people to ‘put 2 and 2 together’.. This was not long after the airport opened when people were still fixated on the idea that the airport had the ‘longest runway in Europe’ etc.. Sounds to me like utter nonsense with absolutely no sound logic behind it whatsoever. Virgin seem pretty happy at MAN, where there is a large catchment are (i.e the North of England), and critical mass to support it. What logic would dictate they would operate from DSA I have absolutely no idea. It cant even attract KLM and not for the want of trying..

Yes LBA is rubbish for anyone outside of West Yorkshire, but it’s where the people are. The airlines put up with the less than ideal location and runway to chase the demand and the (ever squeezed) ££..

Last edited by pug; 19th Aug 2022 at 20:54.