PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash at SunShine coast.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2022, 02:05
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks 43Inches, agreed. Yes, there is a placard in all certified to FAR 23 and CAR 3 for intentional spins. My old Cessna 150 Handling Notes (carved from the POH by the flight school) seems to provide adequate information although the essentials rather than the detail of the Cessna Spin Document. Remember when CASA required their own AFM to their template – I didn’t keep my copy for the Cessna nor Decathlon?

I'll be lobbying CASA to write an AC focussed on spin training, more on that later when I finish my notes.

By George would know about the Chipmunk spin saga of the ‘50s – the article from the Aviation Safety Digest back then is included in the ATSB’s report of VH-UPD’s spin accident. We know the instructor was teaching the incorrect spin recovery method. Incidentally, the ATSB noted that the old CASA AFM didn’t have any instructions for spin recovery of the Chipmunk?

Yes, MagnumPI and thanks. During the lockdowns I was using Facebook to login here and my real name was displayed but it seems that Facebook has been disabled for access here.

My Super Decathlon is currently in maintenance so between that and Melbourne’s weather I have plenty of time to sit in front of my computer and display my dinosaur attributes as explained by CASA https://www.flightsafetyaustralia.com/2017/12/the-unreachables-are-they-unteachable
It will be going again soon. I also have a Cessna 152 Aerobat and a share in a Pitts S-2C.