PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smart Aviation Poznan
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2022, 13:44
Nlgm94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having successfully completed my training at Smart Aviation, I noticed the current thread and would like to comment on the school.

First of all, I would say it is not so bad, and you get what you pay for : your license, at a reasonable price. The location is great, for the big controlled commercial airfield and also for the city, nice and vibrant. Although I think conspicuouspilot is someone from the school, what has been said about the instructors is true. The 2 first ones mentioned are really great, but I don't know the third one. There are many others that are super professional, helpful and patient. I don't think it is appropriate to name them all here, but many thanks to them! The modern Tecnam fleet is also a good point.

When it comes to the bad sides, what has been said about the maintenance and planning is a reality. It is a complete mess, totally disorganized and hectic. It results in huge delays in your training, and a lot of struggle with the office. However, 2 of the 3 people working there are doing their best to improve things, but the last one is just super lazy and unfriendly. I think the cause of all this mess comes from 2 facts : lack of organization, and enrollment of too many students compared to the real capacity of the school.

What timebuilder said about the guy recently hired to take care of international students is again true. The expression "selling donuts" (!) is very appropriate to describe him. He is lying all the time with a very arrogant attitude. Landing fees are indeed not included despite what he says in his commercial speech, and he tries to justify cancellations due to maintenance/instructor unavailable by selling you more donuts. I even had a sim session cancelled for "weather reasons"! In order to help you understand the real background, he was previously at Bartolini and left for Smart Aviation when it started to become messy in Lodz... The instructors team don't like him at all, but they have to deal with it. The only thing this guy wants is to try to sell you his own (donut) coaching company that he launched with his business partner, the famous aviation psychologist also from Lodz. I know and (kind of) understand the reasons of his personal frustration towards aviation, but stay away from him as much as you can. I really don't understand why the owner (who is a good instructor and a skilled businessman btw) hired him.

I'm not saying you should not buy your training there, but at least go with all facts in mind. It is still a good deal for the quality vs money. Prices will increase by 10% in September though. Is it because of inflation or because the donut seller has now imposed the white shirt/black tie dress code? No one knows.