PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 17th Aug 2022, 13:44
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
From the News it sounds like the RAF Head of Recruiting (if I understood that correctly) has protested am alleged RAF policy of stopping the recruitment of White Males in an effort to boost Minority recruitment......did I get that right?

If that is correct....I understand why that individual might have some legitimate concerns about the new policy directive.

If the RAF is having an overall shortfall of recruits....and is failing to meet dictated quotas of minorities....exactly how does stopping the recruitment of White Males help the situation beyond boosting the percentage of Minorities over Non-Minorities (White Males)?

The RAF remains understaffed but the Minorities percentages look better while the White Male Category remains static.

Am I in the Twilight Zone or just not understanding what I have read?

Surely I have misread something as no one could be in charge of a military service and come up with such a scheme as that.

If this was the US Army we were talking about....I could believe it but the RAF?