PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2022, 12:27
MJ89

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Imagegear
An excellent precis of the options available to Russia, however, as noted many times previously, the psyche of the average Russian walking the streets would not countenance any of the better options above unless a radical re-assessment of their actual fallibility occurred. This would require a mental leap beyond anything they can tolerate. Possibly a revolution might do it, but simply changing the government just gets you more of the same.

IG
Before the war i still harbored hope for the "silent majority" of everyday good Russians. Ive met and drank with a few, all be it not in russia itself (no surprise there).

Since... well (2014) but more immediately up to Christmas before the 24th of feb, With the propaganda channels buzzing with clean smart panels shows Joseph Goebbels would applaud, and all sorts of huge crazy claims of threats of nato & EU, and super weapons. and all that we have seen.
SInce the bullets started flying, Tupolevs launching missile after missile into hospitals, schools, theaters full of sheltering kids etc, 100% targeted. my opinions changed.

These are people who have now been brainwashed over 2 decades of putins Russia, to a point when it comes down to the wire and they are seeing slavs being bombed and massacred , they are raging on telegram and all sorts of channels, in denial, for PUTIN! and it reminds me of those 1945 movie reals of nazi on nazi being confronted by what happened. whether a destroyed Berlin or a local walk to the recently freed concentration camp, or the movie theaters the allies then filled during the true de-weeding and de-nazification that went on. WHAT WILL IT TAKE?

It took the most complete defeat in world history, to put a stop to it, and still yet some stayed nazi's until day they died. Same with the japanease and the even worse **** they did.
there was a lot of evil in the world in the 1930s/40s, the west possibly only stopped 2/3.

Last edited by MJ89; 17th Aug 2022 at 17:07.