PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2022, 12:04
Ilyushin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ia1166
funny you should mention engine stall. I presume at take off? Its one of the most resit procedures that I know. You may think you did ok but i suspect on my experience this is generally poorly handled. Its a good sim assessment abnormal. As is simple HYD abnormals, RNP approaches OEI, Certainly if I was planning a sim assessment Eng Stall at rotate would be high on my list. Sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

How do you know how other peoples sim went? You weren’t there. Mostly I have never seen a pilot accurately describe his own sim check. The assessment is made from the back, not the front. A 29 yr old with 4000 hours? Who knows. I would have to see him in the sim. I wouldn’t be surprised that a pilot could be more than capable at this level, if he was trained properly from the start.

I could tell you some things I have seen from guys with 10K hours that would shock you. As I have seen some 1000 FOs who were extremely good.

I would also tell you that everyone thinks he is Chuck Yaeger. Unfortunately the reality is somewhat different.

I am sure this airline is cherry picking the best. They can now. Its a buyers market.

How about stating that the selection is of a high standard, and only attempt it if you are confident. Blaming the airline for failing their sim check seems a bit sad
You forgot to mention the most important determinant - The applicant's NATIONALITY