PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 17th Aug 2022, 10:26
NutLoose

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,252 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
With many of these stories that we see in the media I usually take them with a pinch of salt. I also usually give the VSOs the benefit of the doubt and accept that I do not necessarily understand the strategic levels of thinking behind such initiatives.

On this particular issue though I feel they have completely lost the plot. Just read some of the bio’s of the senior leadership team at the link above. Their D and I statements seem to be given far more thought than a grand military strategy for a major offensive. I bet the commander of British land forces for the Falklands invasion put less thought into his statement of intent than some of those VSOs have put into their statements about their views on D and I.

BV

Here is one I couldn't fathom Bob, What the heck has dentistry to do with the RAES or am I missing something?

Chief of Staff Personnel and Air Secretary | Royal Air Force (mod.uk)
She joined the Royal Air Force in 1991, following graduation from Kings College London with a Bachelor in Dental Surgery and for the first half of her career looked after her patients in dental centres and military hospitals across the globe. She was appointed Queen’s Honorary Dental Surgeon in December 2016.
Air Vice-Marshal Byford is the RAF’s Deputy Diversity and Inclusion Champion and is passionate about fair, transparent and inclusive treatment of the Whole Force. She is very proud to be Honorary President for Staffordshire Wing RAF Air Cadets, andAir Vice-Marshal Byford is the RAF’s Deputy Diversity and Inclusion Champion and is passionate about fair, transparent and inclusive treatment of the Whole Force. She is very proud to be Honorary President for Staffordshire Wing RAF Air Cadets, and in January 2020 she received the President’s invitation to become a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
As the world’s only professional body dedicated to the aerospace community, we exist to further the advancement of aeronautical art, science and engineering around the world.
Established in 1866, the Society has been at the forefront of developments in aerospace, seeking to promote the highest professional standards and provide a central forum for sharing knowledge.

The RAeS is a licensed body of the Engineering Council.
Home - Royal Aeronautical Society (aerosociety.com)