PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash at SunShine coast.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2022, 02:27
43Inches

Received 421 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Your "safety message" seems to me to be that the most likely cause of this accident - supported by the available evidence - is just pure speculation. I disagree. And plenty of us have already written in our Big Book Of Aviation Wisdom that it's very important to understand the specific characteristics, systems, procedures and limitations (and 'odd quirks') of the specific aircraft we're flying from time to time.
Actually its to highlight that in addition to the MB and PARE techniques the A150 is still difficult to recover using POH technique and is unusual in this way. Therefore anyone considering spinning this type should be careful about a number of factors, not the least weight and CG position.

Hence why I harped on the fact that this might not be related to MB technique, although on balance of surrounding circumstance it most likely started with a MB demo. Why they didn't recover is more likely not understanding how long the aircraft takes to recover using any technique.

BTW I've know students who have spun training aircraft on purpose during area solo, one even filming themselves and posting it on youtube. So education on the dangers of spinning is not just for advanced aerobatic pilots reading this.