PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2022, 19:54
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you have any idea how they select the allocations?

I’ve heard from several folks that one’s preference is sought at the final interview, with no promises made. The typical courteous/diplomatic response goes along these lines;
”Thanks for asking. I’m keen to join Qantas asap but, if there were to be a choice, I’d say that my family’s location near (eg Sydney) would make that Base more desirable because we wouldn’t need to relocate. However, I would accept any Base I’m offered”.

Occasionally people have deferred their start by up to to few months in order to get their preferred base/type. That choice can have unintended consequences in terms of future extremes in one’s career; promotion choices and demotions/redundancies can/will be determined by time on the seniority list. Additionally, word on the street is that among the immediately pre-Covid joiners, many took several years LWOP (under duress) but have done ok by returning to previous work/locations/better pay & are in no particular hurry to return to QF as junior pilots (S/Os)…. Why would they? Once you’ve got a ‘seniority number’ it lasts forever until retirement.

So many choices!😜