PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2022, 15:35
Lonewolf_50

Received 430 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Reference reports unnamed senior people within the Kremlin want to negotiate a “deal” to end the war - doubtless the source of the suggestions of giving up Ukrainian territory for “peace” - and doubtless removal of sanctions… The united allied position is that the decision is up to Ukraine and they will back their decision 100%. President Zelenskyy has replied… "For us, to live without freedom is not to live. To be dependent is not to be. Therefore, we will not give up until we drive the last occupier out of our home. And we will not stop until we liberate the last meter of Ukrainian land."
As long as his friends in the West supply the means, he'll have the will and the fight will continue.
Originally Posted by FUMR
I read all the academic writings on this forum but I think that the best explanation is quite simple: Get out of the Ukraine completely and never come back. Replace Putin with someone who will bring honour back to the Russian population through cooperation and not confrontation. End of war and resumption of (near) normal life.
When someone in Moscow who has political influence agrees with you, then will come a change. Otherwise, you are preaching to the converted.
Originally Posted by ORAC
Putin isn’t the problem, he’s a symptom. There is indeed great unrest with him in Russia, but even more so with the “elite” he represents and are seen as having been seduced by the West. The article below is, I believe, pretty representative of those below the Kremlin who don’t want a coup, thry want a revolution.
https://wartranslated.com/pro-soviet...or-the-regime/
Pro-Soviet, Russian author Maksim Kalashnikov on why declaring Russia a “terrorist state” is a bad omen for the regime
How soon before Maksim Kalashnikov gets tossed out of a window? The "as in 1915-1916" line is an obvious call for revolt.