PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delayed Luggage
Thread: Delayed Luggage
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2022, 12:09
TCU

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've just had a rather pleasant delayed luggage experience with Emirates....it rather took me aback!

Flew EK, LHR-DXB-CPT, on Saturday/Sunday using the EK030/EK772 combo. All in Y. This involved a rather tight connection in DXB of just 1.05hrs based on schedule. Despite a 30 minute late departure from LHR, the boys stepped on the gas and we landed a tad ahead of schedule in DXB. Unfortunately we then had the longest taxi I've ever experienced at DXB, so got off EK30 with around 50 minutes to departure of EK772.

EK however looked after us royally, with a rather nice chap waiting for us and whisking us through security and the huge terminal to our departure gate, which we arrived at with 30 minutes to go...superb

My wife and I were luggage heavy and had checked in 3 full cases and 2, lets say non-standard items! EK were however super and had kept the excess for the 5th item to a very fair price.

So, an hour and a half out of CPT I'm approached at my seat by the Chief Purser. One of my cases didn't make the connection. He took all my details via an iPad type device. He gave me a reference number and contact detail and asked that I just check in with the EK luggage desk on arrival. This I duly did and, rather encouragingly, they were expecting me and had all my details. They advised my bag would arrive on tomorrows EK772 and be couriered to my home

Forward to Monday, I get a call from the luggage desk early pm to say my bag arrived and that the courier was on his way....and yes it naturally arrived on a bakkie...nice to be back in Africa. I asked the driver if he had been busy today due to the tight connection. No he said....this happens every day!

So credit where credit is due. Well done to EK for operating such a slick system which has the key component of keeping the passenger informed.

....I may invest in the tags though