PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air Crew Forced to Resign
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2022, 10:05
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by vascodegama
Bananas-no doubt you think CRM means Captain's right mate! The last thing we need is tired people who are there for safety reasons, of course, only a court could actually rule on this matter (if sacked) and equally the crew
member might find the industry hostile when looking for another job. As for the last episode you mention, all very sad , that is why at least one airline I know has a policy of giving people the option of a hotel on landing in such circumstances.
Not at all. The Captain has overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the flight.

I don't think you have properly read my very even handed post. If you are not fit to fly, don't. I entirely agree. But don't confuse fitness to fly with discretion. It is the Commander's discretion. It is also the Commander's legal responsibility to ensure that, in a situation that may require the use of discretion, he has satisfied himself that the crew are fit for discretion (a decision he may subsequently have to justify) before utilising it. It is also one of several reasons why most FTL schemes specify a shorter allowable FDP for the tech crew than the cabin crew.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 16th Aug 2022 at 10:18.