PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alleged UFO or UAP, 1990, Calvine, Scotland
Old 15th Aug 2022, 19:21
iranu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did some analysis: Someone overlaid part of the photo with the view that is claimed the point the photo was taken from. Here is the brief Youtube video. It's bang on. Yes the fence posts aren't quite inline, but it's as near as anyone will get:

Here's a still frame I got from the Metabunk thread on the same subject (from the same video) because I'm lazy - I've cropped that still video image for size:

The point the photo is claimed to have been taken from is here - note the copse, which would match the trees in the above shot. NB: An Teampan is 415m above sea level:

Here is a more detailed OS shot of the same area. Big red arrow points close to the copse and fence. Note the dotted line which is the path up to An Teampan past Struan point from Struan and the road. The description of the two Chefs walking up through a forest matches as there was once a plantation on that slope. You can see the lines on google maps/earth where the trees once were. Also note the solid black lines which are fences - that also matches the fence in the Youtube shot.:

If you go to An Teampan (56 45 46N 3 59 07W) on google earth and play around you can find the direction of the image in the Youtube video - the POV in the image below is clearly higher at 440m than the original point (415m), but you can see the same features which I've labelled. Obviously the farm (Auchanruidh) in the valley and between the forestry track and Allt Féith a' Chabair cannot be seen from the lower photo POV. You can also see the fences around the copse and others, which match the above OS map:

If you follow Allt Féith a' Chablair, which is a stream/burn, towards the mountain, you find the mountain is Farragon Hill at 783m and 7 miles away from the point the Youtube still is taken from, which is from the video of the researchers earlier in the thread:

I think everything matches up. There's a lot of info and images in this post so I'll leave it there and comment on another post.