PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2022, 11:03
Tartiflette Fan

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Well the whole of the northern Caucasus is an area to watch. If Putin falls and Russia has internal disorder don’t xpect Chechnya or th other republics not to stir up trouble.

Lots of anger at the disparate casualties in Ukraine as their men and sons have been fed into the meat grinder.whilst those in Moscow and S Petersburg have been spared…

And when the Chechens fighting for Ukraine head home they’ll undoubtedly take lots of experience and equipment with them - and volunteers and logistic support.
I have to say that -given the reputation of the Chechen as very tough fighters and the recent history of the brutal Russo/Chechen wars - I have been puzzled that Kadyrov is able to rule without any apparent internal discontent ( at least on what I read ) and giving enthusiastic support for Putin. Reports I have seen (linked on this site ? ) have shown that the Chechens were being treated like Moscovites in that their leaders were able to choose their engagements and chose the less risky ones. I recall them being in the rear of the fight for Kyev ( and part of the atrocities in the villages there ? ) and also as late-comers for the battle for Mariupol and the Azov steel-works.