PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 15th Aug 2022, 10:52
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Lead Balloon and Big Papi

Lead Balloon. By June 30th, VORTEX had taken over that Company. Vortex being a new APTA Member that was now faced with closure as a result of the CASA change of direction.

The CASA CEO had sent me correspondence that on June30th 2019, they would make a decision as to whether operations would continue. At that stage we were operating under a short term interim approval to operate.

Vortex would have been very dependent on CASA, for continuing operations. My recollection is that they were given another 3 month extension. The new owners had implemented some very significant cost cuts, including halving salaries, and halving the size of the safety department. The relationship between me and one of the two owners was less than ideal. I think that it may have suited the new owners. A bit more to it than that, but probably enough for the purposes of the response.

Big Papi, I believe you are correct. That Company, AOC, continue as a single school. in a very different format, and i believe the operating environment has been very challenging.

Cheers. Glen