PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 10:44
ATNotts

Received 331 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
Maybe but after the last couple of years I think people will be reluctant to completely scrap all travel plans. Also I think that, whatever planet Truss and Sunak are on at that the moment,
they will return to Earth pretty sharpish and reality when one of them becomes PM and will do something to mitigate the 'crisis'. Unless of course the plan is electoral suicide! (here's hoping lol!)
They may well be reluctant, but if its a choice between keeping the lights on and the home warm for six months of the year, or having two weeks on some foreign (or indeed UK) beach only a fool would choose the holiday. Of course they could just take a loan out but that is also risky at the moment with interest rates on an upward trajectory. Not wishing to be political but one of the two candidates appears to be ideologically opposed to doing anything to help out the "squeezed middle" who form the bulk of the travel industry's client base.

I really am not sure who the travel industry are trying to kid, their collective heads appear to be buried in the sand at the moment (pardon the pun).