PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Weight limit
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 09:40
Gordomac

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Cripes, we are getting there. I get the line between private flying and public transport/commercial. I get the bit about working up the PPL through stuff we all did; night rating, twin rating, IMC rting etc etc but I think we still bumped up next to the overall weight limit.

"Loose", viscount on a PPL but you would have had all the foregoing ratings in the first place so it might have just been a Ministry upgrade. It also depends on the aircraft registration. The aircraft might be registered for public transport which results in the requirement for a Public Transport licence.

I flew delivery flights from a USA company to my UK company. but we had to obtain US FAA ATP authorisation for "one-off" delivery flights of US registered transport aircraft. I am rather proud of my US FAA ATP, temporary, but looks good amongst my display of all those awarded to you too, LooseR.

Looks like I still do not have enough ammo to hit the bar brawl but here's the final tease :

I win the next Euromillion !90m. I decide, instead of a camper van, I will buy a 747 from Mr Boeing that I intend to fly around the world and live-in it too. I renew my PPL at a local flying club, get renewed multi engine, (I think I will go for the IR) R/T licence, but, I still fear that the weight limit will have to be negotiated with the registration authority..

Thanks for all the input people.