PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 07:01
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
No I’ve just worked a few hundred people who have had careers and families destroyed by fantasy business models. Perhaps you could start a new airline for us with your grand plans and I’ll come take a job with you, sounds like you will be able to provide me with a very long and stable career.
Again PoppaJo long stable careers are a thing of the past, time to move forward
Where are the so called long stable careers in aviation?
Ansett had a long life but went busto
Even QF you can't say long and stable, what with JST, NJS, NWK, EAQ, SSQ and EFA all being run as separate entities to lower costs
May as well throw UTY into the mix if Qantas gobbles them up

Look PoppaJo, let's be honest...
Since the protectionist 2 airline agreement ended there has been a steady stream of airlines trying to get a foothold in Australia
Until now they have all been bullied into bankruptcy by mainly QF and to a lesser extend AN and VB/VA in an effort to satisfy their shareholders by protecting market share at a significant cost through price wars and promotions

I say until now because REX started with a substantial footprint and are lean plus they have some financial backing, they have taken the fight to Qantas and are still standing, even looking promising and although the war of words from Sharpie may sound like whinging, many of his points are valid
Even if Qantas can quash REX jet, there will be another willing to take their place and another and another, because in any industry when one player holds 60% market share, they are vulnerable

Poppa, Aviation is evolving and there will be a steady parade of start ups and failures, even legacy carriers that have 60+ years of operations are failing, it's time to get with the times and shop around for your best path forward