PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2022, 16:15
Kemble Pitts

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mee3
Lot of us here are in the industry as in design and certification, including me. We are not just skeptic. But a lot of the claim does not makes sense in the industry.
... and I'm one of those with just that experience (Head of Design, Chief of the Office of Airworthiness, Technical Director of an OEM, blah), so am not blind to the challenge. However, every new venture starts form zero and either gets there or it doesn't.

Hill Helicopters is setting itself a serious challenge, that's for sure, but they are going about it in an equally serious way. At first glance, I too was sceptical. However, from what I've seen of their activity they are as well equipped in terms of funds, expertise, drive and vision, not to mention order book, to have a decent chance of success.

There will be set-backs and upsets without doubt, and there will be delays (QED) but that doesn't automatically lead to failure. Show me a single successful aircraft programme of recent (or maybe any) years that hasn't had such problems.

Its very easy to stand on the side-lines as the cynical nay-sayer, but I, for one, am cheering from the side-lines and wishing them great success.

The following users liked this post: