PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2022, 07:30
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
I am not disputing what you say at all. I was just saying that previously the mixed fleet idea worked at Gatwick for years. That is why I said it would be difficult with the new set up.
On paper it should be easier. The majority of crew are suited to either long haul or short haul based on their personal circumstances and would choose a fleet accordingly. If BA choose to pay their short haul cabin crew less than the competition in a post-Covid world of staff shortages across the industry, it's no wonder they're struggling to recruit and retain. BA think they can entice anyone with their brand name and staff travel, but the easyJet staff travel system is streets ahead for short haul travel, and the brand name's trashing was complete when they decided to throw the majority of their staff under the bus in one way or another during Covid.

Unfortunately, there's ample supply of Vueling, Iberia Express and Finnair aircraft and crew to plug the gap for the foreseeable future. No doubt they'll jump on the Smartlynx bandwagon if that supply ever runs dry. Anything but paying their own staff a fair wage.