PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas buys Alliance
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 22:35
WannaBeBiggles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack D. Ripper
Sooooo you expect a job paying $200k plus to be based on an interview for numpties?
You're referring to the interview that has little if anything to do with aviation vs. the interview where you're asked relevant questions without the ego trip attached to it?

Originally Posted by Jack D. Ripper
Most businesses employing people on that level of salary would be expected to conduct a reasonable level of due diligence.
Having come from another industry with those sort of salaries and also having been involved in quite a bit of recruitment in said industry I think I can speak to that;
  1. I have never seen a position requiring a psychometric test for anything other than a graduate position where they had no industry experience to back up their application
  2. If any employer in any other industry took the "good cop, bad cop" or adversarial approach during an interview that you hear about in aviation, they would literally go broke as they would have no applicants, or the applicants that they got are probably not the sorts of applicants which would lead to a successful enterprise.
If a company recruiting for a technical role bases their decision on mostly HR and arbitrary measures that have nothing tor little to do with the job, rather than a proper mix of tech and HR. Then you need to ask yourself; Are they wanting to find the best applicants for the job, or are they looking for individuals most malleable to how the company treats (or wants to treat) their employees?