PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DOHA ATCO 2022
Thread: DOHA ATCO 2022
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 16:25
Vlad the Impaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There is now on average a 160 losses of wake turbulence on final approach a month between Heavy & Heavy and about 140 between Heavy & Medium. Roughly 20 % average of all acft on final into Hamad International Airport are vectored below wake sep with nothing being done. That is just HIA final. Doha International Airport and Al Udeid are a separate matter entirely and exponentially increase those numbers. In Feb / March 2022, at least a 145 sep losses on departure by Tower with less than 4nm between them which obviously translates to a Radar separation loss as well in most cases. Bare in mind, as I stated before, “Hold for release” is not allowed under any circumstances and if it happens, pretty much encourages an “investigation” !? Some as low as 2nm between H & H. IF, and that is a big IF, dependent on nationality, when the occasional investigation does happen, it’s cursory in the case of certain individuals and damning in the case of others. Yet, none of this info was / is shared either with the regulator or IBG"

Somebody is on hallucinogens and needs to hand back their medical ASAP.
This is such a huge load of bollocks. I have just been through the figures and can assure anyone who cares that the figures quoted above are beyond ridiculous. As for all this IBG safety manager stuff? What the **** does IBG have to do with our operation? They don't have a safety manager and if they do he/she certainly has nothing to do with QCAA ops. So many posts on this thread stink to high heaven but this one has a particularly bad stench. All I can say is be very careful what you believe on the interweb.I'm not sure what data we should be obliged to share with IBG who we pay as a contractor. I am certain that all mandatory occurrence reports and investigations thereof are shared with the regulator automatically. Whoever wrote this post is either incredibly badly informed, a total idiot or very probably both.
There is a lot of anti QCAA stuff on this thread as is natural. It is a time of high stress and given the nature of the region everything is not what it should be. Pprune is an unregulated forum where morons can and do vent their spleens whilst spewing "facts" which are subject to no verification, checking or any other kind of sanity checking. Nonetheless you would be well advised to take the large majority of the contents of this thread with a pinch of salt.
Even the post about Curtis murdering 15 cats before he left is fiction. It was actually 37. Bastard.