PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKMFTS Failing to Deliver...again
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 15:19
Darkmouse

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
To put things in perspective - it wasn't that long ago (but before MFTS, obvs), that 65 hours of EFT took 3-4 months, weather dependent, BFJTS took 10 and Valley took just over a year. There is absolutely no reason why flying training shouldn't be relatively quick.

But then you get some idiots with MBE's, and an eye on their own future involved, and the oldest and most respected flying training training system in the world gets obliterated. The basics don't change, despite the the technology changing - some things are easier, many things are more complex, but the sky is still an fascinating and deadly place to conduct your business - that flying training is now shorter than it was at the height of the battle of Britain is a travesty.

Not that long ago (circa 3 years), a popular RAF flying club with about 4 instructors produced 45 PPL's; admittedly a mix of ab initios and QSP's, but still - In the same year, EFT produced 24 graduates.

HOW?!

I have railed against the system to the best of my ability, to no avail. The question is, how TF do we collectively change the RAF for the better? To put the things that really matter back in the crosshairs? I can't see a way. Maybe because I like flying and couldn't give a f*ck about having an MML I can't see a way through, but there must be one. Writing to VSO's and politicians (I do write a decent letter) changes nothing.

All ideas welcome..