PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-3
Thread: Cardiff-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 11:39
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by CWL757
I've said this before, CWLs marketing 'team'/person is one of the worst I've seen. Absolutely shameful. Hope someone competent takes on the role and starts marketing CWL as an airport, not they're personal Facebook page.
I hear what you say, but new airline business isn't brought into the airport on the back of some Facebook or TikTok presence, and they did bring in Wizz which looked promising, as was also done at DSA. Sadly a combination of Covid-19 and airline that I believe we know now may not be trusted to deliver on the promises they make has created a poor situation.

Surely the limiting factor for CWL is that they have a much more successful (affluent) area just over the Severn bridges, and despite pretty appalling road and rail links, BRS has managed to develop into the major player in the region and getting large development into CWL from a passenger perspective may prove somewhat difficult as a result. Add into all that the absolutely dire economic situation, with the cost of living and the constraints that will put on potential passengers spending power and for 2023/2024 airports, including CWL may have to be happy with what they can cling on to.

That is most certainly the lesson that has been learned by people of an age who lived through the recessions of the 1970s, 80s and 90s.