PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Holdpool
Thread: BA Holdpool
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 08:03
balpalover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seosan
Alright so my banking metaphor wasn’t great! The appeal (as has always been) of BA is the longevity and variety your career can have there, along with a decent paycheque. I’m not saying that anyone is forced into applying, but it doesn’t make sense to me that a new entrant would be presented with a pay scale and then told that a random, incalculable percentage will be deducted monthly from now until retirement. Internally, whilst still an awful deal, it was at least accepted by the union and its members. Isn’t the delta up for negotiation at present anyhow? Surely it can’t last much longer.

In terms of multiple scales; just playing devil’s advocate but it sounds like a great way to divide pilots and reduce faith in the union. Not that the company would like to do that or anything…

not saying it’s fair, but applications are inundated and this thread is full of people desparate to apply at any cost (even when people applying weakens Balpas negotiating position) so that all that really needs to be said … some sheep will do anything even when warned by multiple sources.