PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 12th Aug 2022, 00:35
Lead Balloon

Received 426 Likes on 213 Posts
The change of name issue seems to me to be a red herring. It’s not mentioned in the CASA corro, so far I can see.

So far as I can see, the CASA corro was prompted by the issue already discussed at length in this thread: Multiple corporate entities - i.e. separate legal persons - each with “complete control over” their own business, purportedly operating under the authority of just one AOC. That looked and smelt very much like multiple, separate flying schools rather than one flying school operating from multiple bases. Only the latter is permissible under the CA Act.

I’d like to focus on just one entity: MFT. When MFT started its flying training operations, what was the Australian Company Number written on the AOC authorising those operations?

Is that Australian Company Number the same Australian Company Number written on APTA’s AOC? If the answer to that question is ‘no’, that’s the heart of the problem.

I’m not interested in names. I’m just interested in the ACNs.