PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 20:23
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please see my schedule updates for BA Gatwick Long Haul and BA Euroflyer Gatwick Short Haul that I have posted on the Gatwick Thread. Information was gained from online timetable, analysts and airline sources.

Regarding BA Euroflyer, I do hope they can sort the cabin crew issues soon. In terms of flight operations the short haul operation from Gatwick has been very stable in recent weeks with no unplanned cancellations.

To be fair to BA recruitment it does say clearly in the job adverts that I have seen that BA Euroflyer is a point to point airline with crew returning to base each day, late evening, early morning etc... I totally agree the salary is a sticking point. However again that is clearly stated in the adverts. I am not defending just saying!
This is the same for Easyjet Gatwick based Cabin Crew (apart from a handful of overnight stays)

One possible solution could be to recreate the Gatwick Fleet again for Cabin crew. However, I doubt this is possible with two brands (Mainline and Euroflyer) operating from Gatwick. Just a thought. At least the crew would then have a wider range of destinations and possible stopovers.

For some cabin crew, especially those with families the idea of returning to base at the end of each shift appeals. I also believe part-time and seasonal patterns are offered which also suits some people. I spoke to a cabin crew member when flying to Cyprus earlier this summer with BA Euroflyer and it was for family reasons (the return to base) she returned to Gatwick to work for Euroflyer. Cabin crew are also entitled to discounted travel over the whole BA network. EEK! I am sounding like an apologist, sorry! I just think that people need to do their research and make sure they fully appreciate what is involved before applying. I still agree though that the salary needs to be looked at.

Last edited by vectisman; 11th Aug 2022 at 20:45.